Friday, August 7, 2009

Maya by Papilio for Friday Sketchers 64



Happy Friday everyone!!! It's weekend!! I hope you have all had a wonderful week and are looking forward to a splendid weekend -- the summer is clicking away much too fast for me!!

This week Friday Sketchers 64 is hosted by the very sweet and talented Tanja from Germany. Congratulations Tanja on your first sketch for Friday Sketchers and for your selection as a FT Design Team member!!! This sketch was so much fun and a real challenge so I hope that everyone will come over to Friday Sketchers to see the lovely DT Sample Cards and will play along using Tanja's sketch. I know you will have as much fun with it as I did!!!

For my Sample Card I used an absolutely adorable Papilio stamp called "Maya" which was one of my birthday surprises from the quintessentially talented Claudia Rosa. I am absolutely in love with this little cutie!!!!! Oh My Goodness!!! Thank you so much, Claudia!! I hope I did her justice!!! It was such a joy and BLAST to have been with Claudia and Christina at CHA in Orlando last week!! I also enjoyed meeting Marlene although it was a brief meeting as she was on her way back to England!!!

For my card I used Bazzill CS for the base, PTI Raspberry Fizz and some unknown green CS for all matting, and PTI Bitty Dot Raspberry Fizz and K&Co Berry Sweet DP for the remainder of the card. I stitched both major panels. I stamped little Maya 3 times, colored them with Copics, and cut them all out. I then made a triple nestie and airbrushed the white one to soften the brilliant white background for Maya to rest on...I then added the three Mayas with dimensional tape between each layer. The left side panel is a combination of mulberry papers, flowers and dried flowers and leaves. Finally I added a ribbon treatment to the right side using PTI Raspberry Fizz satin ribbon, making a bow at the top and adding 2 little charms on chains. Both the Little Girl charm and the Made With Love charm are available at Crafty Feeling in the UK.


The inside of this card is quite simple--I used the same papers as the front and again stitched the major panels. For the first panel I used satin ribbon for the base of the treatment, added a chain with another larger little girl charm and finished the panel with the same mulberry flowers as the front. Finally I added small pearls to soften the corners. For the jotting panel I used mulberry papers and flower with dried flowers and finished the panel with corner pearls.


This week I had the pleasure of meeting (virtually of course) the outrageously talented Priscilla from PriscillaStyles. As most of you know I make exceptionally thick cards with a substantial amount of embellishments both on the outside and the inside. Priscilla asked me to try one of her Thinking Inside the Box Thick Basic 6"X6"X3/4" Envelope Boxes. I was certain that in order to use them that I would have to decrease the size of my normal 6"X6" cards. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that these boxes fit my cards perfectly so I guess you will be seeing alot of matching boxes for my cards. They are such a wonderful surprise for me!! Priscilla, I hope you like my first attempt of matching the box to my card!!! After this first one I have so many ideas now...lol


For this one I put two sheets of 12"X12" DP together with Scor-Tape and I can assure you that in order to make these envelope boxes that Scor-Tape is an absolute requirement!!! Using the two different DPs allowed my envelope to have a surprise lining which coordinates with my card. After getting the box formed I decorated with the same types of embellishments I used on my card as well as a cameo of cute Maya on the back. I closed the box with velcro corners.

I hope you have enjoyed this posting and if you have any questions about anything I have mentioned, please email me and I will try to describe better for you. Thank you so much for dropping by and I would certainly appreciate your letting me know what you think about my posting today. Please remember to head on over to Friday Sketchers and during this week, please submit your take on Tanja's sketch to us...Have a wonderful weekend...Hugs and more hugs!!!

37 comments:

Ann said...

Wow Jacque this set is just stunning, I love the beautiful colours and the image is coloured to perfection. I am so glad you are trying out Priscilla's envelope kit, I just adore it, I am really looking forward to the beautiful envelopes you will be creating to match your cards - it really is addictive. Have a wonderful weekend. Ann xxxx

Rosette said...

WOW sweetie!! ou always invent smething new, don't you?? :) She is absolutely gorgeous!!!! :) Lovely papers, embellies nd the colouring is.. WOW!!!

Big hugs hun xx

DeeDee said...

Wow jacque she is just the cutest little darling to grace a card front....I love the details...nice job.

I love how the envelope match the cards too..wow

Unknown said...

I love how you looped the ribbon through. You always have charms that match your cards perfectly. The envelope is a perfect compliment to the card!

dragon said...

Wow Jacqueline,
I love the image, I think I may have the same image that was given in an RAK. I must have a look.. !
The Raspberry colour DP is just so very "Lush".
The envelope is beautiful.. as is the card..
Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog..
Amazing...
Watch out for the postman...!

Lynn xx

Stampin'Piper said...

Absolutely beautiful, my friend! Your card is fantastic! It's makes me proud to see what you've done with my sketch ...

Have a lovely weekend, big Hugs Tanja

Elaine said...

Utterly gorgeous, Jacque! Loving the colours, and the sweet image.

Unknown said...

wow jacque, what a really amazing and so lovely card you have made, i love the pretty colours and your colortion looks so great.
have a nice weekend, my dear.
big hugs, bea

Priscilla said...

WOW Jacque, What an adorable combo!!!..you did me proud..I love your envelope very much. I hope you found the kit easy to use and I am thrilled that you like it. Enjoy :)
Priscilla

Anonymous said...

Jacque, that is a beautiful sketch Tanja created and your card is brilliant. The colors are delicious and, of course, your coloring of this DARLING image is sheer perfection. Ohhhhh. . . . and that envelope box. . . .WOwww!!!!! MAGNIFICENT!!!! Hugs, Christina C.

Nancy said...

Oh Jacque where to start everything is so very beautiful! Your card is stunning to the colors all the way to the tiniest details. I know that I tell you this a lot but I do believe that your cards are masterpieces and now you have fabulous matching envelopes that takes everything over the top. You are awesome Jacque and I Love Love Love your card set!
Hugs,
Nancy

Sharon Caudle said...

Gorgeous!!! I know I say that a LOT about your cards, but it's always true! This is beautiful, and you are going to end up getting me hooked on yet another stamp! LOL! She is so cute!! Just how awesome is that sweet Claudia! Your detailing on your cards is always amazing, and this one is no exception. I love it! hugs!

JayLynn said...

Amazing card, as usual! You are so talented.

charlene said...

Jacque what a darling little card ! Maya is just to cute and I love the little charms and ribbon. The inside of the card and the envelope are just beautiful also you did an awesome job as usual !
Hugs

Ellen said...

Hi Jacque,

Amazing card you made!!!! I love the colours, the details and the stamps.

Beautiful Blog!!!!!!

Hugs and have a nice weekend,
Ellenxxx

Suzan L said...

Oh My Goodness Jacque, I love this card and envelope that you have made!! All the layers and textures that you put into it. . .I especially love the dried leaves and flowers that you added. And, those cute little flower centers. . .did you make them yourself?? I also love the cute little charms!! And, the image that Claudia gave you is so darn cute!! Your envelope is also the cutest thing. I'm going to have to try to make one too!! Thank you for inspiring me once again with your beautiful card and envelope!!
Hugs, Suzan

Chris (catt871) said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEEEEUTIFUL card as always, my friend!!!!!

You were at CHA??????????? SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Jealous!!!! LOL

I love the envelope you made, so pretty!!! Who wouldn't LOVE receiving that in the mail?!?!?! (hint hint) tee hee

Phyllis said...

This is an awesome card and envelope set!! Some lucky person will be getting a wonderful keepsake!! I am so happy you found Priscilla and her wonderful box kit. You two are a perfect match. We would love to have you in our weekly challenge.

Phyllis Midnight Madness Design Team
aka SparklePlenty1000 on SCS

Dawn B. said...

This is awesome Jacque. I love this fun image that you got as a birthday gift. The envelope box is perfect. I love seeing your envies. I think you may have started something. Great card inside outside and enveloped. Hugs..Looks like really hot weather. I will be zooming by your neck of the woods. I will wave. Someday we need to meet up...

Debbie said...

OK can I close my mouth now.. this is just precious...love Maya..she is sooooooo sweet. you did a fantastic job both inside and out, and I absolutely love that envelope box you put the card in. So much detail

Biggan said...

Lovely card!! Thanks for adding my blog on your list...I´ll add yours!

Hugs Birgit/Biggan

Vivi Casale said...

Oh Sweetie, this card is stunning!! the envelope is so beautiful! I love it all!!!!
Hugs
Vivi

Sue McMahon said...

Hi Jacque! I just found your blog. Beautiful card and envelope! Thanks for sharing your amazing talent!

100drine said...

Woooo des petits charms comme j'adore et un travail soigné et raffiné, bravo!!!

Danni said...

Sigh, this is just breathtaking...where do you find your creativity? Can you send some my way? Just gorgeous...simply gorgeous!

cabio's craft corner said...

Wow Jacque, it is such a great details card. First, I love the colors you used for the cards. Secondly, I love all those charms. Third, I love the envelope box which is co very cute. You now really make me wanting to try!
Thank you so muchfor sharing your talent!
Hugs,
Cabio

Jeanette said...

Jacque!!!! I just love your card. The image is adorable and the coloring and color choices are perfect. What more can I say. You know how much I adore your cards. Of course now I will also be admiring your gorgeous envelopes too!
Have a great weekend! Hugs Jeanette

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

This looks very adorable, the coloring and with the matching box is simply amazing! Love how you added additional to the front and back of the envelope! Best, ~Jeni

Jessica G. said...

So sweet, Jacque! I haven't seen this line of stamps before -- she's cutie! Fun DPs and great prima treatment. Such a perfect finishing touch to make the coordinating envelope!!

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, Jacque...this is so amazing! She is adorable, I've not seen her before either. Your artistic talent is so awesome, even down the the beautiful envelope you created. All your embellishments are gorgeous, especially the primas and all the little stuff you added to them...totally wonderful work...hugs...Barb

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Fabulous card dear Hunny bunny. Love the little Maya and it is so beautifully coloured.
the entire gift set you came up with is just sooooo pretty.
I love what you have done in the inside very cute! Thanks for your kind words hun :-) iam so happy you love the stamps. It was kind of tricky lol because i know you have your love to the Magnolias and Hanglars :-) so iam extra happy to see such a wonderful card. Have a great weekend Love Claudia

Kelly L said...

Oh my gosh, Jacque, this is absolutely adorable!! I thought Maya was peaking through the envelope/box until I saw the other photo. Wow, your creations always amaze me!! I wish I had just a teeny bit of your talent. Hugs, Kel :)

Candy said...

Hi Jacque Love,
I am very behind in looking at blogs. The last 6 or so weeks at my house have been crazy!!!!!
This has got to be one of your best cards ever. I ADORE Maya and would love to know where to buy her..... The colours you have used, the front details of flowers with the pink centres and dried flowers and the charms are all to DIE for!!! Your envelope is something the reciever of this card would never get rid of either as it is a work of art in and of itself!!!!! Oh to have the time and money to get all of these beautiful things and to be able to put them together as you do....The stuff dreams are made of for sure!
So happy to hear you had a great time at CHA and met your wonderful online friends!
Love you, Candy

Kerry D-C said...

Totally ADORABLE and FUN! Gorgeous envy too!

Michelle Singer said...

I love what you did with this sketch. It is adorable. The Maya image is just too cute for words. I have to buy this stamp now...(lol) You made a beautiful card and I love all the embellies.

Michelle

Cami said...

Jacque, you leave me speechless! This card is so adorable and no matter what is put in your hands, you create a masterpiece. I love the bright, cheerfulness of the image and colors. Now, not only is the inside and outside of your card beautiful, but so is the envelope you made with all the trims just as well! You're just a creative genius! Your cards always brighten my day and inspires me. Love ya much! Cami

Andrea said...

Your card is absolutely stunning! I adore that cutie image, and the colours you have used are sssooooooooooooooo gorgeous - and I just love your envelope!! Wow!
Love, Andrea xx