Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Guest Designer at Danni's Flutter By Wednesday



Happy Wednesday to everyone!! I hope that everyone had a magnificent weekend and if you didn't get to have a Monday off, I hope you had a great weekend anyway!!! For many of us, this will be short week! So enjoy!!

I was asked by Danni at the Flutter By Wednesday Challenge Blog if I would be a Guest Designer this week to help celebrate her 40 year milestone birthday. Danni is such a sweetie so who in the world could refuse?? I was asked to make a card using a butterfly or a fairy. Danni, thank you so much for this distinguished honor and I hope you like what I have created this time!!

I used Tilda as Butterfly and Tilda with Butterfly, both from Magnolia-licious, the most awesome web shop in all of North America for Maggettes. You can check out the inventory and you will find a greater selection of Magnolias than in any other shop in all of North America...AND you will find the best customer service offered than at any other web shop in the world!!!! I wanted to do something a little different and special for this occasion so I used the Stand Up Card Template with Hanging Centerpiece which is available from Priscilla. This was a FIRST for me!! I have also used the envelope box kit which is also available at Priscilla's blog. I used extra heavy white CS as the base and then added coordinating digital DP to each side of the card. Keep in mind that you will need oversize CS because the card itself is longer than 12 inches. I can also share with you that I would not even attempt this kind of card nor the envelope without the use of Scor-Tape, which in my estimation is the most fantastic product on the market as far as adhesives are concerned.


After handstitching around the entire card with DMC floss I made the hanging centerpiece with Label One Nesties, stamped and colored the two Tildas with Copics, fashioned some sparkly wings of chiffon fabric around a wire frame, sequins, and glitter for one of them and made antennae from pink floral wire wrapped around a toothpick...lol I then connected the centerpiece to the card using eyelets and gold chain. You really can't tell from the pictures but there are two little arms that fold out to make the centerpiece hang out from the card.

I decorated the inside of the card quite simply and left a jotting spot for a note and then made one of the envelope boxes I mentioned above and decorated it to match the card. This card folds flat and fits nicely in this presentation box.

Thank you so much for dropping by today to see what's happening on my homefront!! I love it when you visit and let me know what you think of my meanderings!! As I suggested, this project was a little different so if I have failed to describe it well enough, please jot me an email and I will try my best to answer your questions. Have a wonderful rest-of-the-week and I hope you will come back to see me again real soon....Maggie Hugs to everyone!!!

THE WINNER OF MY CARD AND THE RECIPE ACCORDION FILE AT THE MAGNOLIA-LICIOUS DT SKETCH FOR SEPTEMBER IS:

TRACEY who commented:

Stunningly gorgeous Jacque! Your card is beautiful and I just love that recipe holder. Love them both! xx


CONGRATULATIONS, Tracey, and if you would please send me your address I will ship these off to you right away along with some other surprises!!!

42 comments:

Priscilla said...

Oh Jacque, what a FANTASTIC card. I feel like a proud mom, because you really worked my template perfectly. I am overcome with joy by your wonderful creation. Your card came out so great as did the envelope. You are a true pro at this card making thing and thank you so much for giving my template a try and for making it look so good. I hope you enjoyed it and I so enjoyed your beautiful creations today as always. You are a true talent indeed!!!!
Priscilla

Sharon Caudle said...

What can I say? I have completely run out of adjectives for your work! LOL! You're amazing! the details are exquisite, the workmanship - divine. Don't know how you do it, but I sure am glad you do!!! What a feast for the eyes!!hugs!

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.. Love your creation.. Beautiful colors, image, fairy and it all, I can see that it must have taken alot of time but well worth it, you must be so proud (as well as Priscilla, I see, LOL) wonderful. Happy 40th Birthday Celebration.

Anonymous said...

Awesome card ;)
Love the shape of it! TFS

Janneke X

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Magnificent indeed! This one really takes the cake, Jacque :) The handstitched details just shows your love for cards. Those flower and the Tildas are divine! Great box for the card, that envelope kit sure looks beautiful too, xox ~Jeni

Suzan L said...

Oh My Goodness Jacque,
This is such a wonderful card!! I especially love the swinging panel with the beautiful Butterfly Tilda on the front and the sweet Tilda with butterfly on the back. I also love the shape of this card and the stitching that you did along the edges. I just love it!! It is soooo amazing!!
Hugs,
Suzan

Lilacanglia said...

STUNNING, pretty, outstanding,
this is so gorgeous,
Hugs
Angie

Sheri said...

The hand stitching really sets the whole card off. You've done incredible work on this...and your decription is just perfect! Congratulatons on your newest guest designer position too! {{HUGS}} Sheri

Doreen said...

All I can say is WOW, you are truly amazing!
Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful work.
Blessings,
Doreen : )

Nancy said...

Oh Jacque you have done it again WOW WOW WOW your card is incredibly gorgeous! You have a awesome gift and I am so glad that you share it with us! I do not even know enough words to describe the beauty of this card but have have done it again and created another masterpiece! I love every tiny detail and the hours of work you must have put into this amazing card. Love Love Love IT!
Big Hugs,
Nancy

Nicola said...

Wow I am speachless Jacque, your card is awesome and a true work of Art. I love your swinging panel and Tilda is coloured to perfection and those flowers are so pretty. I dare not think how many hours you have put into these wonderful creations.
Thank you for being our Guest Designer this week at Flutter By Wednesday and celebrating Danni´s 40th milestone with us.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Tracey said...

Okay, first of all, this butterfly card is incredible!! I love the fold of it, all of the flowers and the gorgeous wings on Tilda. Just beautiful Jacque!!

And second - YAY!!! I can't believe I won! Thank you SOOO much!!! Hugs!!

Carol Hurlock said...

This is just one spectacular creation. Your color choices are spellbinding and alluring. The flowers are exquisite. Everything about this wonderful creation is beguiling and mesmerizing. You have really outdid yourself with this one. Just magnificent!

Carol
MMSC-GDT-September

Unknown said...

This is a piece of art Jacque, it is truly amazing what you can do with paper! Wow, I can't even describe this other than it is very, very beautiful!
Hugs,
Stephanie

Regina said...

Jacque!!! You are so creative!!!!:)))Your card is a piece of art!!! I love your creativeness!!! Each time you show us a very different style!!

Hugs

Regina

Carolyn said...

Wow, oh Wow!! I have always wanted to try that card template of priscilla's, but never had the nerve to give it a go. Boy, have you mastered it on the first try. What a magnificent card you have created. Something to proudly display. The envelope is gorgeous too!! Your work is always top notch!!

Hugs,
Carolyn

Norma said...

Holy toledo, Jacque, you're blowing my mind. Again! I'm always in anticipation of what you will come out with next. WOW, what a lot of work you've put into this. But it was worth it. It's a masterpiece. Your imagination knows no bounds. I simply love it.

Hugs.
Norma

Anonymous said...

Wow . . . what an adorable card, Jacque -- who doesn't love butterflies! All the flowers are so cute, too -- bouquets of blossoms! And the inside is cute, too. I can see a lot of love went into this sweet card.
Hugs, Lillian

Sue McMahon said...

Great job using Priscilla's template! It's just beautiful! The colors just POP!

Angelwood said...

Oh WOW! This is GORGEOUS!!!! You put so much work into this card and I love all the added elements! The colors are so pretty.
Hugz, Angela

Denise @ kc242 said...

Wow what a great card created with Priscilla's template! You have created a beautiful card and envie! Just lovely! Thanks so much for sharing!

Phyllis said...

Jacque: Lovely creations that you have crafted from Priscilla templates. You are very talented indeed. We are honored that you are playing with us in our challenge now!!

Phyllis MMDesign Team

Anonymous said...

What a magnificent creation, Jacque!! Simply stunning and such an inspiration to the rest of us! The colors and embellishments are exquisite, as is Tilda in all her finery.
Love it!! Hugs, Christina

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh, my, Jacque! This card is a stunning masterpiece!!! Beautifully stitched, your flowers are wonderful, I love how the card is suspended on the chains, just everything detail is exquisite. I'm sorry to be so critical and not tender, but I had to tell the truth (giggle). Congratulations on being the guest designer this week for Danni. You did her proud, girl! Hip hip hurray!!!

Jeanette said...

Speechless...........
Hugs Jeanette

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This sure is incredible!! I love every last detail!! Your creations are beyond awesome and full of inspiration!!!!

Jodie from Oz said...

Jacque, what an amazing adorable card. I love everything about it. Tilda's beautiful wings, the handstitching the flowers, the design of the card suspended on chains wow another masterpiece. Thanks for the inspiration.
Hugs Oz_Jodie

dragon said...

This is different..Wonderful creation

Lynn xx

Moni said...

Waw Jacque you did fantastic job, love the colour combo nad your design is so fab gorgeous! Love the shape of the card and those images are so cute and fab colouring!
Congrats for being GD, you do deserve it! Husg,Moni

Karen Wilson said...

Wow, this is just amazing. I've never seen anything like this! Absolutely beautiful and SO creative!!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

WOW!!! I must study this. It has sooo many things on it. THere you go again, pushing that envelope! LOL! As always you have put your heart and love into your artwork.
Thank you for sharing
Sharon L

Jodi said...

I absolutely love your card!! This is just gorgeous! So glad that you are joining us as a guest for the Flutterby Wednesday challenge!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Jessica G. said...

Gorgeous card, Jacque! I'm so impressed with how you suspended the image panel and how you turned this cutie into an even more beautiful butterfly!!

Nicki said...

This is the most stunning creation I've seen in ages, it is just so beautiful! Wonderful work. Nicki, xx

Heather Schlatter said...

Oh my word this card is beyond gorgeous!!! I am so glad you joined us on our Flutter By Team this week as a guest designer because you have so many wonderful projects on here and I have never been to your blog before, but I will be by often your creation today just blew me away!!!!

Totally awesome set!!!

Heather

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh my gosh, how wonderful! It's absolutely beautiful!

Hugs, Kelly

Danni said...

You already know that I just {heart} you and your work and this is no exception. The love you put into your cards shows and just makes them exquisite.
Simply gorgeous my friend. Thank you so much for being my guest designer this week!

Vivi Casale said...

OMG Darling, this card is just stunning!! I LOVE IT!!!
Hugs
Vivi

Rosette said...

WOWZA!!! You can say nothing that makes justice to your card Jacque!! My goodness.. this is amazing!! What a lot of work you put into each creation! Lovely card hunn bunch!! :)

Annette Bowes said...

Wow, absolutely out of this world, must have took you ages, just love it all, especially the colours and how you have put it altogether, never stitched a card before so will have to give this a go, someone special person is going to be extremely happy with such a beautiful gift, take careX:)

Spyder said...

Brilliant brilliant card, love everything about it
((Lyn))

Candy said...

OH my GOODNESS Jacque!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is so beautiful - I LOVE LOVE LOVE the paper - the flowers - the whole card! The inside isn't simple either it is just as beautiful as the outside. This is just an OUTSTANDING work of art.
Love Candy